From the start, we understood that the best way to say, thank you is to give back to local organizations who are working hard to better our communities. One of the many benefits of being an Island company is that we are able to join forces with our locally owned cafés to help you make a real impact, one community at a time.
Each year, Serious Coffee receives hundreds of requests for community support from a variety of organizations. Though each group is highly deserving, we are unable to support them all; however, we do offer an excellent solution through our easy to use and effective fundraising package. If you are interested in raising cash for your non-profit organization, please see our Coffee Bean Fundraising Package Introduction by clicking on the link. Note: Requests for cash donations will not be entertained.
If you need coffee for an event or meeting, please go to our Event Coffee Service Request Form. Requests for coffee service cannot be submitted using this form, so please be sure to use the link provided above. Thank you.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
In order to be eligible for a donation of any kind, including an auction item, the application must meet the following criteria;
- Be a not-for-profit organization and reside on Vancouver Island or in Powell River
- The event or project must directly benefit the community in which it is being held and should conform to one of the following main areas of focus;
Health & Wellness
Arts & Culture
Animal Welfare (i.e.: S.P.C.A.)
- Serious Coffee must receive your request no less than 2 months before the date of the event.
- Email is our primary means of communication; therefore, an email address must accompany all requests.
Applications from the following will not be considered for community support;
- Requests for cash will not be entertained.
- Organizations that are unable to demonstrate, in detail, their measures of success.
- Groups who have already received a donation or sponsorship within the year.
- Any individual or business endeavors.
- Professional sporting groups.
- Collection of funds for subsequent redistribution to other charities or individuals.
- Promotion of political organizations and/or affiliated activities.
- Conferences or seminars.
- Salaries or operating costs.
- Requests submitted to a café instead of Head Office.
- Requests submitted by any means other than through our website will not be entertained.
If your request meets the outlined criteria, submit the following information by completing the form found below.
- Donation requests are reviewed within 1-month of being received.
- Serious Coffee reserves the exclusive right to make all final decisions about which groups receive support.
- Due to the level of demand, our commitment is to support a fair and equitable cross-section of as many community organizations as possible.
- Not all applications will receive approval.
- Due to the number of requests we receive, only those applications who have received preliminary approval will be contacted.
QUESTIONS? NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Our order desk is happy to be of assistance and can be contacted via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your submission and cooperation.
Donation Request Form